Tuesday, January 10, 2017

New Year, New Goals...

I feel like every year I set out with lofty resolutions to eat better and workout more. While those are always good ideas, this year I'm striving to make my new years resolutions more focused on things I need to do in order to help my mental health and our family's well being.


I definitely need to eat a little healthier and workout more often, but I feel like that is a constant battle, and what I want to do is set some habits that help me to be a better mom and a better wife. So, this year, I have two resolutions...or goals really because it's going to take me some time to get the hang of the first one!

ONE: Wake up BEFORE my child. Chandler is almost two years old and she, for the most part, sleeps through the night. Occasionally she does wake up to put on her very on musical in her crib, but for the most part, she is sleeping from about 8:00pm to about 6:30 or 7:00am.

My goal is to get up at 6:00, go for a short walk or run, get back home do a short arm workout, unload the dishwasher and have a cup of coffee. I know, it sounds lofty...but when I am able to get up at 6:00, I am AMAZED at what I can get done in an hour before I get Chandler up!

Side note: I've been giving this hot lemon water thing a try and it is GREAT. Definitely an acquired taste, but it's grown on me and when I can, I start my day with a cup...or even end my day with a cup! I started doing this around Christmas when I had a killer cold. It's a great way to start your day or just a great little drink to sit and relax with a night.

TWO: Eat a meal, at the kitchen table, as a family, at least once a week. Chandler has been eating solo in her high chair since she started eating meals. Adam and I are usually right there with her, but it's not the same. So last week we kicked off our first family meal on Tuesday night. I'll admit, it took some planning to get supper on the table by 6:15...but it was worth it! Adam and I usually eat after Chandler goes to bed, which means 8:00 or 8:30 sometimes! It was so nice to be finished for the night once she was in her bed! We actually had time to relax! I'm also hoping that maybe this can get me in bed earlier!

What are your goals for this year? How do you plan to get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment