Tuesday, July 29, 2014

15 Week Bumpdate!


How far along: 15 weeks!

Baby Size: Our little one is the size of a navel orange today! Baby is about 4.5 inches and 2-3 ounces. I had an appointment with my doctor this morning and our sweet babe had a great, strong heartbeat at 159 bpm. 

Weight gain: I'm up 4.2 pounds since my last appointment about a month ago. I'm right on track as far as weight gain goes, so now I just need to keep it up!

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I have been using my Kevel perfect fit and bella band occasionally with some of my jeans and work pants that are a little snug. For the most part though, I'm still wearing my regular clothes with no "assistance" from bella bands or perfect fits. 

Stretch marks: Not yet! I really like the Palmer's Cocoa butter and I'm using lots of lotion very regularly. Hopefully the stretch marks will stay away!

Sleep: I am still sleeping well. I do get up two or three times a night to tinkle and drink some water, but I'm always able to go right back to sleep. I have noticed that my hands have been falling asleep at night. My doctor tells me this is normal, carpal tunnel from curling up my wrists and hands when I sleep. So, starting very soon, I'll be sporting some pretty neat wristbands to bed!

Gender: No news yet! Can't wait for our September 20th gender reveal!

Movement: Nothing yet, but I can't wait for this!

Best moment this week: We had a great weekend and spent a lot of time with friends on Saturday. It was a really fun, relaxing day and much needed. But, the best moment of this week was probably on Sunday. Adam and I had lunch together and then headed to Buy Buy Baby to set up our registry and make some decisions on the "big" items (car seat, strollers, pack and play, etc...). I had so much fun with Adam and he was so helpful in making some tough decisions. It probably sounds crazy, but I really felt like we were on the same page and I can already tell he's going to be such a great dad to our little one!
He's a natural!

Looking forward to: I'm still really looking forward to having a bump! I've been feeling kind of chubby in my mid-section lately and it would certainly be nice to have a real baby bump! Also really looking forward to a weekend at the beach! We're headed to a family reunion this weekend and it's going to be really nice to get away for a few days!

Food cravings: Fruit, all the time...and Basil Thai (which we indulged in on Saturday night with friends!), and recently steak. The steak craving is a little bit of a problem since I really like my steaks cooked medium...a well-done steak is not quite what I've been craving, but should do the trick!

Anything making you queasy or sick: No grilled chicken and no pickled banana peppers!

What I miss: Nothing, just really really happy with everything!

Symptoms: Feeling great! Still have occasional nausea, but nothing too bad! I definitely have my energy back and I'm feeling human again!

Nursery: No progress, but we'll be starting in a few weeks!

Belly Button in or out? Still in.

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: Great! I had a wonderful appointment with my doctor this morning and all is well, which makes me very happy! 

Workouts: I went to Body Pump once this week and walked four days for a total of 16 miles! And I spent some time treading water in the pool on Saturday!

I can't believe we're already 15 weeks in! Our sweet one is growing every day and we are so excited to meet this little one! We are saying so many prayers for this little baby. And we are so lucky to be surrounded by so many people who are so excited for our little one. This babe is surrounded by so much love and we are so thankful for all of our wonderful friends and family who have been so sweet to us and so generous to our little nugget!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you and Adam; can't believe I haven't seen you since your big announcement to give you a "I'm happy for you" hug! Praying everything continues to go smoothly for you and your baby. Hope to see you my next visit to Columbia. (Susan Burke)

    ReplyDelete