Thursday, June 1, 2017

Cucumber Dill Salad


This cucumber dill salad is one of my absolute favorites for summer...I look forward to cucumber/dill season for this reason!!!

I posted the picture above on Instagram earlier today and got such great feedback, I thought I'd share! This is an easy, fast side dish to whip up and is great for the summer because it is light and cool!

First let me say that I wish there was an actual recipe for this, but I just made it all up several years ago and so there are no real measurements! But, here is my best guess!

Cucumber Dill Summer Salad
I usually serve this as a side dish, for anywhere from 2-4 people.

Ingredients:
  • 4 Peruvian cucumbers, sliced
  • 2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
  • 2 tsp. vinegar (choose your favorite kind! I love to use sherry vinegar)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tsp. fresh chopped dill
Directions:

In a bowl, combine the sour cream, vinegar, salt, pepper, and dill until you have a creamy dressing. Pour over the cucumbers and stir together!

Like I said, it's fast, easy and fresh! I've also been known to whip this up using basil or lemon or lime juice, just depends on what ingredients I have on hand at the time! But, it's best with vinegar and dill!

Happy Summer, ya'll! What's your favorite summer dish?

1 comment:

  1. The Cucumber Salad looks great. I'm allergic to dairy, so I need to find a dairy-free sour cream so I can try recipes like this.

    ReplyDelete