Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring

I LOVE Spring. I look forward to it every year. We are slowly starting to see signs of spring around here. That lovely smell of blooming flowers (and pollen, though it really takes a toll on my allergies...I love that springy smell) has entered the air and I am dreaming of doing yard work.  Here are a few things I'm looking forward to this Spring:


Pictured above is a Green Leaf Japanese Maple...our Green Leaf Japanese Maple. This little guy (actually he's about 11 feet tall...not so little!) is going to be moving into our front yard in just a few weeks! Last year we saved up enough money to do the "hard scapes" in our landscape plan. A very dear family friend did a beautiful plan for our front yard and gave it to us as a wedding gift. Now, almost three years later...I think we're actually going to put some plants in the ground! We spent a lot of time in 2012 taking plants out, digging up our front yard (and our back yard), pouring concrete, having a fence built, and then dealing with all of the leftover dirt. I am determined to make 2013 the year of planting!


Though spring is not really tomato or pepper season, it is the season to get your plants in the ground! I am looking forward to planning, and then planting, our garden! We're going to add two raised beds this year (for a total of six) and so far we have tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and jalapenos on our planting list. 


I'm ready for grilling season! Adam and I grill during the fall and winter, but standing outside in the cold just isn't quite as fun. I'm looking forward to evenings of relaxing in the backyard with a yummy spring cocktail while we grill. Grilling is such a fun and easy way to cook, not to mention healthy, that I'd like to try and grill more often this spring. We usually reserve grilling for weekends, but I think we need to aim for more week night grilling. We need to take advantage of this great weather before it gets too hot!


Wedding cake...I'm looking forward to celebrating our third (can you believe it!) wedding anniversary this Spring. Each year since we've been married, we've shared a piece of our wedding cake. It has become a pretty fun tradition...though I think we're going to need to start cutting smaller pieces!!!

I could keep on going with this list, but I think you get the idea! I am so excited that Spring seems to be creeping in! What are you looking forward to this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment