Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Grill Master

The weather is finally warming up...and Spring Fever is kicking in! Tonight, in celebration of this gorgeous weather...and the perfect temperature (fleeting, of course), I decided to break out the grill for dinner.

Adam spent a couple of hours in the yard this evening, so I thought I'd give him a break and fill in tonight as the new "Grill Master". While getting set up, I made a new friend...this cute little frog. He just chilled out with us while we cooked!

Little frog matches my favorite Italian beer!
For dinner, I marinated two chicken breasts in Goya Mojo Marinade. I marinated the chicken for about 24 hours. I have used this marinade before for fajita seasoning, but I loved the flavor of the chicken with the marinade and the smokey grill taste. It was just perfect. I also grilled some zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. It was yummy with a hint of spice. Finally, I grilled romaine. This has to be my new favorite way to do a Caesar salad. Just slice one heart of romaine down the middle, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You only have to grill it for a few minutes. As soon as you remove the lettuce from the grill, sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese and it is ready to serve! We also drizzle our hearts of romaine with a little Caesar salad dressing.

A perfect meal to kick off grilling season!
What is your favorite spring "Grill Meal"?

No comments:

Post a Comment