Sunday, March 2, 2014

Recipe: Kale and Mushroom Risotto

I recently, thanks to one of the other blogs I read, stumbled upon A Couple Cooks, a great blog about (you guessed...) a couple that cooks.

Their blog has some wonderful recipes that seem to be fairly user friendly but at the same time appear more gourmet than your average beginner recipe.The first recipe we tried was the Mushroom and Kale Risotto. Kale is very in right now, which to me is a little funny because I've been eating kale since I was a small child. My dad always grew a nice crop of kale in our garden and it was a fall and winter staple in our house. I guess we were just ahead of the curve!

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of kale and this risotto did not disappoint! You can find the recipe here.

Starting the cooking process.

My new favorite Parmesan blend from my new favorite
grocery store, Trader Joe's!

The finished product.

We topped our risotto with red pepper flakes. (Can you tell we like pepper flakes?) This recipe made enough for us to have several meals, and I think it was even better the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment