Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Scenes from Our Trip

February and March were two CRAZY months...and I'm just now feeling like I can catch my breath! In February, we had a little snow/ice storm in lovely (and usually warm) Columbia. The snow hit the week we were to leave to go on our vacation, to France. Adam and I spent the better part of the week at home, as both of our offices were closed, pacing...and praying that our trip would not be cancelled. 

Luckily, the day of our flights out, the weather was sunny and beautiful. I'll be posting more day-by-day details of our trip soon, but in the meantime, here are a few snapshots from our French Adventure!

...I'm already ready to head back! Most of these pictures are of food, because they are all iPhone pictures. My family is kind of crazy about snapping photos of food and sending them to each other, so we documented every meal and then shared later via Whatsapp.
Vin! We had lots of very wonderful food and wine on our trip!
Add caption
Macaroons from Ladurée on the Champs Elysées

I broke down...and did a little shopping...
More details to come, but this was Adam's adventure with beef tartare!
The most beautiful church in Paris, San Chapelle
The Hall of Mirrors at Versailles
You can't go to France without getting a Nutella crepe from a vendor on the street!
Scallop and Truffle Risotto...I've got to win the lottery so I can start
keeping a stash of truffles in the pantry!
I am my father's daughter...we had to do a little antiquing!
Another one of Adam's adventurous meals, escargot!
The travelers!

Cheers to another good trip on the books! Now time to plan the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment