Tuesday, July 22, 2014

14 Week Bumpdate

*Sorry no picture this week! My trusty photographer (Adam...) is out of town and I just could not take a good "selfie" of my midsection. That said...it hasn't really changed much since week 13!

How far along: 14 weeks!

Baby Size: Our sweet babe is the size of a lemon this week! He/She is about three inches long and 1.5 ounces. This week our little one will have a functioning liver, spleen, and kidneys. He/She will also be able to start making facial expressions. I can't wait to see our sweet one's precious little face!

Weight gain: Not keeping track of this at home, but I go to the doctor next week and will have an update then. For now, I'm trying to eat healthy foods (with a few exceptions...) and keep up the exercise!

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I have been using my Kevel perfect fit and bella band occasionally with some of my jeans and work pants that are a little snug. For the most part though, I'm still wearing my regular clothes with no "assistance" from bella bands or perfect fits.

Stretch marks: Not yet! I am giving Palmer's Cocoa Butter a try and I'll let you know how it goes. Most of what I've read says that stretch marks are hereditary, so hopefully a little cocoa butter will at least help to keep them to a minimum.

Sleep: I am sleeping really well right now. I've gotten very comfortable with sleeping with my BumpNest pillow (review coming soon!) and aside from getting up a few times a night to tinkle, my sleep is wonderful. I am very lucky that I'm able to go right back to sleep after getting up to use the restroom. Hopefully that will stay with me!

Gender: No news yet! We have scheduled a little family gender reveal for September 20th! It's a long way away, but I can't wait!

Movement: Though my "What to Expect" app tells me that baby is moving all over the place, I haven't felt a thing! I am really excited for this though!

Best moment this week: We hosted a baby shower this weekend for some friends of ours and it was so much fun! The sweet mom-to-be looked super cute (as usual) and she and I talked for a long time about pregnancy and all of the fun that goes with it! It was nice to have some time to chat with another expectant mom!

Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to having a little bump! I think the bump will make this all feel a little more real! Right now I feel like we're kind of living in a fantasy land!

Food cravings: Still craving fruit. This week I've eaten a lot of pineapple, apples, plums, and watermelon. I've also been on a Taziki's Lemon Chicken soup kick. If you haven't tried it, it is life changing!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Still can't handle the thought of grilled chicken or pickled banana peppers...and I'm kind of hit or miss on fish. I know it's important to eat fish while you're pregnant to get some good omega-3s, but it's kind of a struggle for me right now!

What I miss: Nothing this week! I'm feeling really content!

Symptoms: I am feeling more like myself, but I'm still having some waves of nausea. I tried quitting my nausea medication cold turkey and I'm not ready for that...but I'm hoping I will be in then next week or so! I'm gradually feeling better and better!

Nursery: No progress. We'll clear out the room and start assembling the crib around the middle of August!

Belly Button in or out? Still in.

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: Great! I feel good and I'm excited about everything we have coming up! I can't wait for my next appointment next week so we can hear about how baby and I are doing!

Workouts: This week I went to Body Pump once and walked four days for a total of 15.6 miles! I'm hoping that I'll get a little more motivated to start my pre-natal yoga videos this next week!

Sweet baby, your dad and I are so excited about you! We are praying every day that we will be good parents for you and that we will raise you to be a bright, healthy, smart, sweet, and wonderful person. I can't wait to meet you...only 26 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment