Monday, January 18, 2016

Bittersweet Birthday


This week is truly bittersweet. Our baby is turning one. I want, more than anything, to watch her grow up to be a beautiful, kind, smart, funny, outgoing, faithful young woman...but I also miss our baby. I miss the sweet baby snuggles. I miss holding her in my arms while she sleeps. I miss our one-on-one time when I was nursing her.

These past few weeks she has flown through the milestones. She breezed through the transition from army crawl to real crawling, going from sitting to crawling and crawling to sitting. She is pulling up on whatever stable object she can get her hands on, and she is cruising around the house with her walker. I miss my baby.

But though I miss my baby, I am in love with this toddler. I love her smiles and her giggles. I love the way she sticks out her little booty when she pushes her walker. I love that as soon as her walker starts playing a new song she has to stop and dance to the music. I love that when she really likes a song she "sings" along. Our sweet girl can clap her hands to the beat and has that cute bouncy baby move down pat. 

She is eleven months and four weeks old...our baby is a toddler. We are so proud of her. Proud of her progress, proud of her big smile and her happy attitude. We love our sweet girl and while we miss our baby, we are so thrilled to watch this little angel continue to grow up. Friday is a bittersweet birthday. Our baby girl will be one, and we will have officially survived the first year. Cheers to many many more birthdays! We love you sweet Chandler!

No comments:

Post a Comment