Thursday, August 15, 2013

Detox: Day 3

Last Day!!! This is what I kept telling myself throughout the day!

6:20 am: I was able to sleep in a little bit because I made all of my Day 3 drinks the night before. I woke up feeling kind of achy. I don't know if that had to do with the detox or the fact that I did not move at all throughout the night...yes, I slept that well!

6:45 am: Drink my detox tea and my breakfast drink while getting ready for work. Feeling less achy now and more normal!

7:50 am: I'm out the door!

10:20 am: I'm getting kind of hungry. I've been drinking lots of water...but that doesn't really do much for the hunger. But, I need to wait on my lunch drink a little longer.

11:40 am: I vow to drink half of my lunch drink in the next hour while I work and then I am "allowed" to take a break and get out of the office for a bit.

The last Green Monster...
1:30 pm: Back at the office from my little outing. Starting on the second half of the Green monster. I don't know if it's that I'm getting used to the Green Monster or if I just blended it a little better...either way, it's a little easier to tackle on Day 3! (or maybe it's like the little engine that could...I only have a few more hours, "I think I can, I think I can...")

2:15 pm: Finished with the second half of the Green Monster!!!!!! Slight...very slight...caffeine headache, but it is MUCH better than it was on Days 1 and 2.

4:45 pm: Snack drink time! (2 drinks down...then this one...and ONE MORE!!!!)

5:45 pm: Running errands, which includes a trip to the grocery store. This is a task that I DO NOT recommend while detoxing. I've managed to stay away, but really had to go to the store today to pick up a few things I'll need for the rest of the week. This was difficult, because everything looked amazing...I mean everything.

6:30 pm: Home, groceries unloaded, laundry started. I'm feeling like I have more energy that I did on Days 1 and 2. Now, I'm not feeling up for a long run or anything, but I have enough energy to vacuum the living room, master bedroom, and the dining room. I painted a coat of paint on the mailbox post. And, had enough energy to do a little extra straightening up to get ready for my guests coming in on Friday!

7:30 pm: Tired...maybe I pushed it a little too hard! Make my dinner drink and settle down to finish Harry Potter.

Last drink, pre-blend...
9:10 pm: Detox bath. Not as eventful as Day 2...thank goodness! I noticed that I didn't sweat as much during this detox bath. I'm not sure if it is because our house was a little cool because of the rain, or because I'm all detoxed out!

9:45 pm: I'm tucked in bed reading Lucky Magazine and drooling over new fall clothes and boots! (And watching a little Food Network). I'm not as tired as I have been the past few days.

10:15 pm: Sleeping...


Over the next few days, I'll be compiling a list of my impressions of the detox, things I'd like to keep in my regimen, and new habits I'm going to try and form post-detox...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment