Tuesday, August 12, 2014

17 Week Bumpdate!



How far along: 17 weeks! Time is flying!

Baby Size: This week our babe is the size of a turnip, about 5 inches and 5 ounces. Little one's rubbery cartilage is turning into bone and he/she is gaining weight and growing a stronger umbilical cord. I can definitely tell that this little one is growing...because so am I!

Weight gain: Still not looking at the scale, but up 4 pounds at my last appointment.

Maternity clothes: I'm still wearing my regular clothes (with some exceptions) and a bella band. I'm on the hunt for maternity clothes and should have several orders coming in this week! My parents and sister gave me some cute tops for my birthday and I'm going to start wearing those soon!

Stretch marks: None yet! Hopefully they stay away! I'm applying lotion and cocoa butter every day, twice a day!

Sleep: I'm still sleeping well, but have had a hard time falling asleep. I've had a lot on my mind lately from anxiety about raising our sweet baby to mentally decorating the nursery to wondering how we're going to juggle everything once this little babe arrives! But I'm still trying to do as much as I can to relax before bed so that I can fall asleep more easily.

Gender: No news yet! It will be hard not to find out at our ultrasound next week! We just need our nurse to be very discreet and tell us when to look away! Only six weeks until the gender reveal (I have no idea how I'm going to be able to wait!!!!)

Movement: None yet, but I'm hoping it will come soon!

Best moment this week: We had a great weekend! My parents and sister came to visit and we had such a wonderful time with them. We had no huge projects, so we were able to relax and do a couple of out of the ordinary things! We got our new sleeper sofa on Saturday morning and took my family for a big tour o Buy Buy Baby on Saturday afternoon. We ended the day with a little birthday dinner at Divino's. Not a bad way to spend my birthday weekend! AND, we got the BOB!!! So excited about this! A huge thanks to my family for this wonderful gift! We'll be able to stay in shape and give baby some fresh air with this stroller!
The new sofa.
The BOB...so excited about this running stroller!
We have a crib and a stroller for baby now...
so we're sort of prepared...right?

With my beautiful sister!
My wonderful parents, they just celebrated their 37th Anniversary!
Congratulations, Mom and Dad!
Looking forward to: Tackling a few projects this weekend and taking a little girls trip to Buy Buy Baby to work on the registry with one of my sweet friends on Saturday!

Food cravings: Fruit (as usual), chips, and ice cream (not together...) this week!

Anything making you queasy or sick: No grilled chicken and no pickled banana peppers!

What I miss: I miss running. I've loved walking and I'm really trying to fit a lot of it in, but I miss being able to go for a 20 or 30 minute run. Walking is a little more time consuming and I don't feel the results like I do with running. 

Symptoms: I've had some "growing pains" and a stuffy nose, but otherwise, I feel great!

Nursery: Oh...I've only ordered about 30 fabric swatches......all of the furniture, except the bed, is out of the nursery and it's looking pretty empty. We packed up the bedding this weekend and I'm hoping to get in there and organize and clean some this weekend. And at some point I want to narrow down the fabric swatches and get a girl room plan and a boy room plan. 

Belly Button in or out? Still in.

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: My mood is pretty much great! I have felt more anxious this week and I think that is just because things seem to be getting more and more real each day. Though I know it's completely normal to worry, I feel like I've been doing that a lot lately! Overall though, I'm feeling excited and overwhelmed with joy.

Workouts: Workouts this week have been pretty much the same. I walked several days this week, for a total of 13 miles and did some yard work! The yard work was a nice change of pace. I love yard work, but haven't been helping out too much in that department lately, it was nice to get back into it!

Wow! 17 weeks...this pregnancy seems to be flying by. I am excited about everything that is coming up, feeling our sweet baby move, and seeing our sweet baby on the ultrasound next week. We are so in love with you little one and cannot wait to meet you. We pray for you every day and can't wait to see what kind of exciting changes you bring to our little family. We love you so much already, I can only imagine what it will be like when you are here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment