Tuesday, August 5, 2014

16 Week Bumpdate!



How far along: 16 Weeks!

Baby Size: Our little babe is the size of an avocado today, about 4-5 inches and 3-5 ounces. Our baby's little heart is now pumping blood. He/she is gaining some coordination in his/her limbs. In the next couple of weeks, our little on should double in weight and add several inches to his/her frame. And our sweet one has tiny fingernails now!

Weight gain: Up 4 pounds at my last doctors appointment, last week. I was pleased with this weight gain and have decided to continue with my approach of eating well, with a few splurges, working out regularly and NOT stepping on the scale!

Maternity clothes: My bump officially arrived this weekend! If you look really hard in the picture above you can see it! I'm still wearing regular clothes, but the bella band and perfect fit are now staples in my wardrobe. I placed an order for some maternity pants at Old Navy over the weekend. They should come in this week and we'll see how they work out! I've also been eyeing a few cute tops on asos.com!

Stretch marks: None yet, but I'm continuing to apply lotion and my Palmer's Cocoa Butter!

Sleep: I've been sleeping well, but having a hard time falling asleep. I feel like I've had a lot on my mind lately and just can't seem to turn it  off when I get in the bed. I'm trying to work on relaxing a little more before going to bed, the past few nights I feel like I've been wound up thinking about all sorts of things before getting in bed and that is not conducive to falling asleep quickly!

Gender: Can't wait for September 20th!

Movement: None yet, but I am so excited for this!

Best moment this week: Three best moments this week! First, my teeny bump finally popped out on Thursday and that has been really exciting. It's small, and to be honest, no one really notices it yet, but Adam and I are excited about it! Second, we had a great weekend in Florida with Adam's family. It was a big family reunion and we were able to see so many people we hadn't seen in a long time (some since our wedding!?) and meet several people we hadn't met before. We spent lots of time on the beach relaxing and catching up! And finally, on our way back from Florida we stopped in St. Simons to have lunch with my parents, my sister, and her boyfriend. It was a great impromptu visit and they were all very excited about the bump...my sister said she thought she might cry! Her enthusiasm was just what I needed! :-)
Adam and his grandmother
Adam's dad and me
Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to my birthday weekend this coming weekend! My parents and sister are coming into town for the weekend. We have no big plans but we are going to go out to dinner one night. On Saturday we're picking up our new sofa, which is very exciting. We've been waiting for it for a few months! And later on Saturday, we're taking my family to Buy Buy Baby so they can get the full experience. Other than that, no big plans, just lots of good family time and a little birthday celebration!

Food cravings: Fruit is the one consistent craving. I do occasionally crave ice cream, but other than that no major cravings this week. We're finally back in a rhythm with my meal planning and I actually planned a menu for the next two weeks and did my shopping on Monday night! Stay tuned for a few new recipe posts!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Same old grilled chicken and pickled banana peppers. I'm also a little picky right now about Mexican food...I can't really handle the Moe's food or anything TexMex, but could for sure eat a little Casa Linda. I don't really know why, but I think it's a difference in the spices they use!

What I miss: Not a thing :-)

Symptoms: Occasional nausea, otherwise I'm feeling like a million dollars!

Nursery: My fabric swatches came in for the chair we'd love to have in the nursery from Pottery Barn Kids. We love the Wingback Convertible Rocker in the washed grain sack in flax. The best part about this chair, aside from the fact that it's comfortable for both Adam and me, is the fact that later on, you can convert it from a rocker to a regular chair by purchasing the feet. It will probably end up being the most pricey item in our nursery, but we think it's a great investment. The fabric is great! Now, we're just waiting on the bedding swatches we ordered to arrive. We ordered options for boy nurseries and girl nurseries. Over the next couple of weeks, we should be able to empty the current bedroom and start assembling the crib! It feels fast, until I realize that we're almost halfway there! Ahhh!

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: I'm in a great mood, but feeling a little overwhelmed. We've had a lot going on the past few weeks and the rest of August is pretty busy as well. Our fall calendar seems to be filling up and before you know it it is winter and sweet baby will be arriving. I've spent a lot of time this week just trying to get things done!

Workouts: My workouts this week were a little different. I didn't make it to Body Pump with all of the other craziness we had going on this week. But I did walk a total of 10.3 miles split over three days and while we were at the beach I got two really good 40 and 45 minutes sessions of swimming and treading water in the ocean. Like I said, a different kind of week for workouts, but it was a really nice change!

Sweet baby, we are so lucky to have you on the way! We are thrilled every time we get to see you or hear your tiny heart beating away. We are excited about you, but also anxious and worried about being great parents for you. Your dad and I talk about you all the time and the things we want to teach you and the way we want to raise you. We are praying so much for you to be a healthy, smart, and sweet baby and we are praying that we will be patient, smart, and loving parents for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment