Thursday, December 11, 2014

34 Week Bumpdate!

34 Weeks!

How far along: 34 Weeks....and a couple of days since I'm late with this post!

Baby Size:  Our sweet one is the size of a pineapple this week! She is anywhere from 16-19 inches long and weighs around 5 pounds. For the next few weeks, until she is born, she will basically be hanging out and gaining about a half a pound a week! I can't believe that in fewer than 3 weeks she will be full term!

Weight gain: I'm up 32 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm expecting that I'll hit about 40 pounds before she arrives.

Maternity clothes: All the time...I'm actually starting to grow out of some of them...which is frightening! 

Sleep: I'm sleeping well when I'm asleep...but waking up frequently. I've been trying to take advantage of having a little extra time (as opposed to not having any when the baby arrives), which means a nap here and there!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!

Movement: She's moving a lot and her movements are definitely more pronounced. That said, I have noticed that she seems to be moving less and less, which is very normal for this time. She's running out of space!

Best moment this week: Had a great week and a great and relaxing weekend. I volunteered with my church on Saturday to decorate at Epworth Children's Home. It was certainly the highlight of the week!

Looking forward to: We're hosting our annual Chili Party this weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Adam insisted we have it this year...so he's running the show, which will be good. But I'm looking forward to spending time with some friends!

Food cravings: Nothing really.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!

What I miss: I miss my clothes...and now I miss walking...this happened this week...

I have tendonitis in my right foot and I'm now in a boot for the next 4-6 weeks. It's not going to be fun...but at least it's forcing me to take it easy! No more long walks for this girl for the time being!

Symptoms: Swelling, braxton hicks contractions, and just being uncomfortable in general...all of these will persist until the end, so I'm just trying to take a deep breath and keep on going!

Nursery: The nursery is as ready as it's going to be! We were able to hang pictures this weekend and the gallery wall over the dresser looks great! We're so excited to be finished! I still want to do a few things in the nursery, but not until our little one arrives!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: My moods are all over the place. We'll chalk it up to hormones...but it's definitely a wild ride!

Workouts: Before THE boot...I walked 6 miles this week...and now my workouts are going to be a little less frequent. I'm giving myself a couple of weeks off and then I might ease back into some prenatal yoga. For the time being though, I'm just trying to take it easy and get out of this boot before our little one arrives!

We're so excited to meet our little one and we're doing all of the last minute preparations. We hope to have car seat bases installed and a start on packing our hospital bags this week. We're also steadily decorating for Christmas, as we have decided not to travel for the holidays. We'll be welcoming family into our home for Christmas for the first time. It's exciting and also bittersweet because it means some of my childhood traditions are coming to an end! Luckily, this little babe will make new traditions that much more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment