Tuesday, December 23, 2014

36 Week Bumpdate!


36 Weeks!
How far along: 36 Weeks! I cannot believe we are here. Some parts of this pregnancy have inched by, while other parts have literally flown. I feel like just yesterday we were on week six and waiting to share the good news!

Baby Size:  We had our growth check ultrasound this morning and it was such a special Christmas gift for us to be able to see our sweet babe! We hadn't seen her since our 18 week anatomy ultrasound and wow have things changed! We even got a 3D picture of her sweet face! I'm obviously biased, but she is beautiful...a cute little thing with the most adorable teeny nose and chubby cheeks you've ever seen. This week she is the size of a honey dew melon, and according to our ultrasound today, she weighs about 6 pounds and 10 ounces. She's measuring a little on the above average scale, but we are so happy with that. I have a feeling that with a mom who is 5'7" and a dad who is 6'4"...she might be a tall girl! We're just so thrilled that she looks to be healthy and growing!

Weight gain: I'm up a total of 34 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. And at this point, I'm happy with that. I'm hoping we can keep it under 40 pounds, but regardless, it looks like this weight I've gained has resulted in a content and healthy, growing baby. 

Maternity clothes: All the time...though I still have two pairs of cropped non-maternity yoga pants that I can wear and they are some of my favorites! I've also been rocking one of Adam's hooded sweatshirts...it's enormous (as in too big for him too)...and I love it! I feel like I can hide in it a little! 

Sleep: Sleep is just weird. Sometimes I'm sleeping like a log, other times I'm wide awake. I had a pregnancy...and let's be honest lifetime first earlier this week when I woke up at 2:30 and by 3:15 was so starving I had to get up and eat something. Nothing like eating a bowl of Golden Grahams with a cup of almond milk at 3:15 in the morning. Luckily it seemed to help and I think I was asleep again by around 4:00. Adam's been having some trouble sleeping also, I think for both of us it's a little anxiety plus a WHOLE lot of me getting up a million times during the night to go to the bathroom. Pregnancy is so glamorous. 

Gender: GIRL!!!!!

Movement: She's moving a lot and seems to have a little bit of a schedule with her movements. She always tends to move a lot during my meal times and when I get in the bed at night. Not a bad schedule!! Hopefully we can keep that one up post-birth! 

Best moment this week: I had a great weekend with my parents. Adam had to go to New Orleans on business and so my mom and dad came to stay with me while he was away. We had some great meals (as usual) and got a lot of things done. The bottles, pacis, etc. have all been boiled. The newborn clothes have all been washed. AND an extra treat, my dad worked like a dog building built-in shelves for our laundry room. This is a project that has been on the list for awhile and we were so thankful that he tackled it. He even took the time to paint it...and since he does not love to paint, we are EXTRA grateful. 
Friday night dinner at one of our favorite spots: Il Giorgione...
if you haven't tried it...you need to!

Built-In shelves before installation and painting.
Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to having a few days off and celebrating Christmas with our families. We have so much to be grateful for this year and this is the perfect time to reflect on that. We are so very blessed.

Food cravings: No cravings standing out.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!

What I miss: I'd love to have a glass of wine or champagne at Christmas, but I'm nearly there, so that will come soon enough!

Symptoms: I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions and some pretty severe round ligament pain. Earlier this week I had an impromptu visit to the doctor because of my round ligament pain. She prescribed a day in bed and that did the trick! I am hoping those pains will stay away during the holidays and after! Otherwise, I feel as good as you can when you're 36 weeks pregnant and wearing an orthopedic boot!

Nursery: I hope you enjoyed our little tour! We're going to add a small table for one of the lamps and the humidifier this week, but otherwise we are all ready for our little one's arrival, which will be so soon now! Our doctor doesn't think we need to go too far past the due date, so it's sounding like we'll for sure have a little one, if not before, then sometime in the week or so after! It is so insane to think that that is less than one month away!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: I feel excited, anxious and most of all, overwhelmed with gratitude. Adam and I are so incredible blessed to have the opportunity to raise this little angel. We are so thankful for family and friends, and are so lucky that our little girl will be surrounded by so much love. 

Workouts: No workouts this week. Trying to get out of this boot, so I'm taking it easy!

Merry Christmas everyone! I'll check back in after the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment