Thursday, December 18, 2014

35 Week Bumpdate!

35 Weeks!

How far along: 35 Weeks! I cannot believe how time has flown by. To be honest, I'm reaching the point now where I'm a little paranoid...and a lot on edge. It is absolutely rocking my world that we don't know exactly when this little one will arrive!

Baby Size:  This week our babe is about the size of a coconut or a canary melon. She's about 19-22 inches long and weighs about 5 1/2 pounds. Her hearing is fully developed and she can respond best to high pitched noises. She's also definitely running out of room and causing her mom some pretty serious heartburn these days!

Weight gain: I was up 32 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight at my last appointment. I'm really hoping to keep the weight gain under or right at 40 pounds. I have my next appointment next Tuesday and then every Tuesday after that until she arrives!

Maternity clothes: All the time...and I'm starting to run out of options!!! I swear by the end I'll be living in yoga pants and Adam's t-shirts!

Sleep: I'm sleeping okay. I was up this morning at about 4:00 battling heartburn and sciatica...so I guess I'm just prepping for when she arrives!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!

Movement: She's still moving a fair amount, when she moves. But she is definitely logging lots of good sleep time now too. I am positive that she hasn't "dropped" yet as my ribs seem to be her favorite place to hang out these days!

Best moment this week: We hosted our Annual Chili Party this past Saturday and it was so much fun. We so enjoyed seeing everyone and it now really feels like Christmas! It is so interesting to see how things have changed in just a year. Last year the party was larger, louder, and well, a little tipsier! This year it was smaller and slightly more subdued as the majority of our guests now either have children or are expecting them. It's such a fun time and we are so lucky that so many of our friends have children right around the same ages! 

Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to getting some last minute projects done this weekend with my parents. Adam has a business trip, so they are coming to keep me company. We'll be washing baby clothes, boiling bottles, and working on getting some things organized!

Food cravings: I've been craving sweets and then lighter foods lately. I can't really eat a whole lot, so things like fruits, vegetables, and salads have been staples in my diet in the past few weeks. I'm also trying to be a little healthier when I can so that I can try to indulge in some yummy holiday foods without feeling too guilty. Once this little one arrives, it's back to healthy eating and the gym! Gotta lose this baby weight...plus a little!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing is making me sick, but I really have to watch the quantity of food that I eat because that will make me feel sick! I'm trying to eat smaller meals and snack a little on apples and things in between.

What I miss: I miss my clothes, walking, running, and having a little time at the gym. I'm doing some exercising at home (yoga and arms), but otherwise...just taking it easy so this foot will heal quickly!

Symptoms: Swelling, braxton hicks contractions, heartburn, and just being uncomfortable in general...these should all stick around for these last weeks, so I just need to take it easy and try to enjoy the ride!

Nursery: The nursery is ready and I'll be posting a little tour soon! Stay tuned! We installed car seat bases this weekend and I put the "snap and go" stroller together and got it into the back of my car. I've started packing our hospital bag and things are really starting to feel real...and surreal at the same time!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: I'm excited, nervous, anxious, thrilled, and everything in between!

Workouts: This week I really took it easy to give my foot a break. I did about 30 minutes of prenatal yoga floor work yesterday and that seemed to go pretty well, so I'm going to try and keep that up. Those are exercises I can do without the boot that don't seem to bother my tendonitis...but do help me get my workout fix! I'm also going to take this time to do some arm work. I've neglected my arms lately, but need to pay some attention to them now as they'll soon be lifting, holding, and carrying a baby!

We are very excited about everything that is coming up. Though it took me a little while to come around on this, we're hosting Christmas at our house this year for the first time, and I'm starting to get excited. Some of you probably know that I really wanted to be "home" at my parents house for one last "normal" Christmas, but that just wasn't in the cards this year. 36 weeks and traveling for Christmas while wearing a boot...ummm probably not the best idea. 

So, that said, Adam and I are starting some holiday preparations and taking a stab and solidifying some new traditions. This will also be exciting, because my parents have never seen our house decorated for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment