Wednesday, November 19, 2014

31 Week Bumpdate!

31 Weeks!

How far along: 31 Weeks! And time is flying by!

Baby Size: Baby girl is about the size of a coconut or a pineapple! She is about 18 inches long and weighs about 3.5 pounds. Her brain and nerves and really doing some serious development this week. The irises in her eyes can now react to light!

Weight gain: I've gained around 28 pounds. I'm definitely headed towards gaining in more of the 35 - 40 pound weight range. While this is not my favorite, I know my body is taking what it needs to help our sweet girl develop. And...hopefully it will all come off with some breastfeeding coming January and February!

Maternity clothes: Oh yes...and some of my maternity clothes are even starting to get a little tight! 

Sleep: Not so great. Sometimes I sleep really well, other times, not so much. I'm finding that all it takes is one thought to keep me up all night, whether it is the nursery, packing our bags for the hospital or planning a grocery list...once my mind starts going, there is no sleeping!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!

Movement: She is moving a lot, but I am starting to notice that she seems to sleep for longer stretches. When she is awake, I can tell because her movements are much more pronounced than they have been...I guess that is what happens when you start running out of room!

Best moment this week: I had a great weekend at home with my parents. I was in Jackson for the weekend and it was so nice to be able to relax and spend time with my mom and dad without any distractions. We worked on the cornices for the nursery, ate some wonderful meals (as usual), and even did a little yoga! On Sunday some close family friends threw a little baby shower for me! It was so wonderful to see family and friends, the perfect way to top off an already great weekend!

Looking forward to: Adam and I are getting away soon for a little Christmas shopping and relaxation. I can't wait for a little "us" time. We'll also be crossing some baby items off the list! AND one of my dearest friends is coming over tonight to help me get a handle of the disaster that is our nursery at the present. We are so blessed that our baby has been showered with so many gifts...but it's time to figure out where everything goes!!! Thank goodness for Ashley!

Food cravings: No cravings. Food is starting to become difficult again. I am not ever super hungry and am finding that it is very easy to eat too much. I really need to thing closely about what I eat before I eat it

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

What I miss: I am ready for normal feet and ready to wear my old clothes. I'm starting to getting a little tired of the same maternity clothes over and over...

Symptoms: Swelling feet and round ligament pain...and that's pretty much it!

Nursery: Hoping that after tonight's organization party that it will be getting in shape! Hopefully we'll be at a place for me to post a full tour!

Wedding rings on or off? On! Thank goodness no swelling in my hands, yet!

Mood: Hmmm...this one is tough...it's all over the place! One minute I am excited, the next overwhelmed, the next anxious, and then thrilled...it's a roller coaster!

Workouts: Workouts this week were a little slim. I walked a total of six miles and did three hours of prenatal yoga. I'm having to cut back on my walking because of my round ligament pain and slowly widening hips. The Prenatal yoga does help ease the pain, so I'm hoping to amp that up a little over the coming weeks, as my walking dwindles.
Here is a little blast from the past...my how far we've come!
13 Weeks!
15 Weeks!
16 Weeks!


17 Weeks!
19 Weeks!
20 Weeks!
21 Weeks!
22 Weeks!
23 Weeks!
24 Weeks!
25 Weeks
26 Weeks!
27 Weeks!
29 Weeks!
30 Weeks!
Time is flying!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment