Thursday, January 1, 2015

37 Week Bumpdate!

37 Weeks!
How far along: 37 Weeks! Full Term!?!?!?!? I can't believe we're here. Parts of pregnancy have inched by, but these last few weeks have absolutely flown! 

Baby Size:  Baby is the size of a winter melon. She is about 19-22 inches long and weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 pounds! The doctor said this week that I'm making good progress! Hopefully we'll be meeting our sweet baby soon!

Weight gain:  I've gained about 38 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. 

Maternity clothes: Oh yes! But, thank goodness for Piko shirts! I have quite the stash of them now and they have really made all of the difference these past few months. 

Sleep: Sleep, still weird. I'm either sleeping really hard or not at all. 

Gender: GIRL!!!!!

Movement: She's still moving a lot, but it's getting tighter and tighter in there. The past two weeks I've really noticed that  she is loving my right side and this past week she has been spending quite a lot of time near my rib cage, which is as uncomfortable as it sounds!

Best moment this week: We enjoyed spending time with our families this past week. We had dinner with Adam's parents on Tuesday night and then my parents and sister came into town and spent Wednesday through Friday with us. This was definitely a new way for us to celebrate Christmas, but it was so nice to have everyone together. Adam and I were also able to go on TWO dates this week and they were wonderful! The first was to Tazza Kitchen, courtesy of some of our sweet friends who gave us a gift card for one of our baby showers! And the second night was dinner at Ristorante Divino (our all-time favorite). Here are a few highlights...

Scallops with sweet potato ravioli at Tazza Kitchen.
Cheers at Ristorante Divino!
Cheers again from Ristorante Divino...yes, I had a small glass of wine
and it was wonderful!
Yummy Filet at Ristorante Divino!

I also scored a cute cross body bag at Banana Republic this weekend! It was super cute and on WAYYYYY sale! I'm going to have it embossed with my initials in gold...and I'm hoping to transition from my LARGE purse to this small one and the diaper bag here shortly!
Such a steal!
Looking forward to: No plans! Adam and I are doing something kind of uncharacteristic and we're not making any plans. We are going to try to go to a movie this weekend and we're going to try and spend as much time together as we can over the next few weeks. But, since we have no way of pinpointing her arrival, we're just going to take it easy and be a little more spontaneous. 

Food cravings: No cravings standing out. I have been enjoying doing a little more cooking than I have been the past few weeks! Cooking is such a stress reliever for me!

Doing a little cooking: Before...
After: Pasta!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I have been feeling a little queasy here and there and I think it's just the stuffed feeling that I have all the time. I'm guessing that when you are this far along and have awesome heartburn like I've had, than a little nausea thrown in there is nothing new!

What I miss: I miss being able to take deep breaths and being able to lounge around and actually be comfortable. I miss walks, and running and I miss my clothes. But, we are on the home stretch! Just a few more weeks to go!

Symptoms: Swelling feet, general discomfort and a few minor aches and pains that I think are all due to being 37 weeks pregnant!

Nursery: The nursery is ready! We need to take the monitor out of the box and get it set up, but otherwise, we are ready!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: Tired, excited, scared, nervous, anxious, weepy, and everything in between. It's getting real now, and to be honest, I'm just not sure about ow to process all of that! I'm scared of labor a little...I don't want to be a total wimp, but let's be honest, who likes to be in pain???? I'm nervous and anxious about parenting and the fact that no matter how much I read, I literally know NOTHING. I'm tired because, well, I'm 37 weeks pregnant and not really sleeping. And finally, I'm excited because we're meeting our daughter so soon!

Workouts: We went for a short walk on Christmas Day and though it was more of a stroll and only about a mile, my foot felt better than anticipated. I'm going to try and ease back into a little yoga this week and maybe a short walk or too. Nothing too crazy!

We're ringing in the new year this week and wow is this one going to hold some excitement for us! No resolutions for me this year, but I do have some postpartum goals that include losing baby weight and running a 5K in July. Otherwise, my focus for the new year is our new little family and making sure that we are thriving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment