Thursday, January 8, 2015

38 Week Bumpdate!

38 Weeks!
How far along: 38 Weeks! I know I keep saying this, like in all of the past probably ten posts, but I cannot believe that time is flying like this!!!! And, to top it off, I'm a couple of days late with this post...so I'm really like 38 1/2 weeks! AHHHH!!!!

Baby Size:  Our little one is the size of a pumpkin or swiss chard...two very different veggies in my opinion...but hey, no one asked me! Our babe at this point, likely weighs in at about 7.5 pounds!!!

Weight gain: I have gained 38.4 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm really hoping to not make it an even 40 (or above)...but we'll see! I'm also trying to enjoy many more date nights with Adam and that doesn't exactly lend itself to eating healthy all the time!

Maternity clothes: Maternity clothes and piko shirts. I'm working from home a lot right now, which means I'm spending my days in workout clothes and leggings...thank goodness for having a flexible workplace so that I can be a little more comfortable these last few weeks!

Sleep: I'm going back and forth between sleeping REALLY insanely well to sleeping very lightly. I'm up and down a lot in the middle of the night going to the bathroom, but I guess that's just preparing me for when our little nugget arrives!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!

Movement: She has been moving a whole lot lately. A nurse at the doctor's office on Tuesday said that maybe it's a sign that she's packing her bags and getting ready to move out! Either way, the movement is slightly unpleasant now given her size and the lack of space. My ribs sometimes feel a little like a batting cage and she seems to really enjoy curling up so that her little behind is tucked right into them!

Best moment this week: Adam and I enjoyed another date this weekend! We went to Rosso on Saturday night, another one of our favorites, and had a great meal. We've been eating out, shopping, and just spending loads of time together these past few weeks and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thank goodness for two back-to-back holiday weeks so that we could spend this time together. I was also able to go on a couple of walks this week with two friends and it was so nice! They are super sweet and have significantly slowed their walking pace for the big pregnant lady and I am so grateful! The time I have just walking and chatting with them is time that I so valuable to me! Pretty soon we'll be adding a stroller to the mix! Love those two friends and I'm so thankful to have them!

Looking forward to: Getting this party started! I'm looking forward to hopefully (at least) one more weekend with Adam to relax and enjoy being just a family of two. But, at the same time, I'm looking forward to next week! At our next appointment, depending on how I've progressed, we might potentially try a few measures to coax our little one out of her warm cocoon! While I'm excited about this, I'm also nervous and feeling a little indifferent - I think I'm in shock a little!

Food cravings: I've been craving a lot of chocolate lately and soy lattes. Not really sure why!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, I've had a little nausea and some cramping, but I'm told that is all very normal for this time during pregnancy!

What I miss: I miss being able to really move around. I feel like my movements have gotten more and more restricted over the past few weeks as I've gotten bigger and bigger. I'm ready to be able to move, and breathe a little more freely!

Symptoms: Just the normal: heartburn, cramps, swelling feet....you name it, I've got it right now! I've also been having some back pain, which makes sitting interesting. These days, working from home is so nice because I can easily rotate from sitting, to standing, to lying down and even walking around. Whatever it takes to be as comfortable (...well as comfortable as I can be at this point)!

Nursery: The nursery is ready! We need to set up the monitor, but that will probably happen tonight! Otherwise, we're as ready as we're going to be!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: I'm in a great mood, but I have been feeling a little more "weepy" lately. I think that while I am very excited, I'm mourning our current life a little in anticipation of all of the changes that are about to happen. I know that this is something amazing and that our lives will never be the same, the best way possible. But, that said, it's still hard to know that Adam and I will never be a family of two again.

Workouts: Walking!!!! I'm by no means racking up the miles, and my walks have really been more like strolls, but I'm happy to be outside and moving around a little again. I'm going to try and do a little yoga this coming week as well to see if that can help with the discomfort I'm feeling, pretty much all over! Otherwise, I'm trying to enjoy a little walking, while also taking it easy. I do not want to end up back in that boot!!!

It's crazy to think that we could have a baby any time now! My doctor is pleased with the way that I'm progressing and we just can't believe that the time is finally here! I'll keep these weekly posts up until our little one arrives. I can't believe it could be so soon!

I also want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has been keeping up with us and sending us your love, prayers and encouragement. We are so blessed to have you all in our lives and each time I hear from one of you I am so amazed to learn that someone is actually reading all of this! We so appreciate your thoughts and kind words, especially now! We certainly need all of the encouragement we can get, so THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment