Wednesday, January 14, 2015

39 Week Bumpdate!

How far along: 39 weeks...all I can say is WOAH!!!!!!!

Baby Size:  According to my handy app, our baby is about the size of a watermelon...heaven help me...that is big. By now she likely weighs around 8 pounds or so. 

Weight gain: I've gained about 40 pounds total from my pre-pregnancy weight and I am looking forward to getting that weight off and getting some semblance of my body back...in other words, I'm ready to have a waist again!

Maternity clothes: Yes, but even those are ever-dwindling...hope everyone likes the look of leggings and Piko shirts, because that's all you're going to get from here until the end!

Sleep: Mediocre...it's getting harder and harder to actually get out of the bed to go to the restroom...so I'm finding that I'm spending a lot more time being awake between bathroom breaks. That said, though, I'm also trying to squeeze in naps where I can! Cherishing the sleep as much as possible!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!

Movement: She's still moving a lot. The movement makes me even more ready for her to arrive, because, to be completely honest, these days it is downright painful. Earlier this week I took a serious kick to the ribs that did bring a little tear to my eye. It's time for babe to move into a bigger world, I think!

Best moment this week: We had a great relaxing weekend. I had a wonderful manicure and pedicure on Saturday morning and we took time to see friends that afternoon and evening. Sunday we had a great afternoon sitting by our neighbors' fire pit and just visiting with them. I really cherish these times with friends because I know that though we'll be able to see them a lot once the baby arrives, we'll never just be able to decide on a whim to walk over and hang out and end up being there for three hours. We are so blessed to have some supportive, sweet, and fun friends!

Looking forward to: Meeting our baby girl and getting started on this journey of parenting!

Food cravings: Nothing in particular

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!

What I miss: Feeling normal and comfortable and having energy. I'm ready to not feel achy and tired...I know the tired will go on for awhile...but I think it will be a different kind of tired...and I'm ready for that. 

Symptoms: Swelling feet and ankles, and just generally run down

Nursery: Nursery is finished and the monitor has been installed! We're as ready as we're going to be! 

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: Hmmm...all over the place! To say I'm hormonal right now would be the understatement of the century. I think between regular anxiety about becoming a parent and the anxiety of not knowing when she is going to arrive...I'm pretty much an emotional basket case/roller coaster. 

Workouts: I've been walking here and there. Nothing too strenuous, but just taking some strolls when I can!

We are excited and anxious and ready to meet our sweet girl!! Stay tuned, you never know when she'll arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment