Since we've moved into our little 50's ranch style house, we have:
- painted all of the rooms (except two...)
- put up wainscoting in one of the bathrooms
- renovated (from top to bottom, literally) our sun room, making it a room we can actually
stand to be inuse
- removed what must have been 5,000 over grown, unruly azaleas to clean up our back yard for a fence
- put out a pallet of sod
- and the list goes on...
Oh yes, I said it...demolition, here we come. We have been looking forward to this since we first moved in the house.
Our house, much like many 50's ranch style houses, is very compartmentalized. Each room is very separate from the rest of the house and our kitchen is no exception. So, this weekend we will be removing the top half of two walls to open up the kitchen, living room, and dining room. Of course the project doesn't stop there, so here is a little list of what we plan to do over the next few probably years of our lives:
- remove the top half of the walls between the kitchen, living room, and dining room
- replace the old crown molding with new, heavier crown molding
- paint the dining room and kitchen (taking them from bright red to a pale green)
- replace the dining room chandelier
And WAY down at the very bottom of the list (for one day when we can afford it...)
- new cabinet doors
- new counter tops in the kitchen
- pull up the linoleum tile and hope and pray to see pretty hardwood floors underneath
- pending the above is true...refinish the hard wood floors in the kitchen...if that isn't the case, tile the floor in the kitchen, with real tile, not that plastic stuff
|Hardhat photo from: Coopersafety.com|
The Project starts this weekend and my goal is to document every step of the way! Look for more posts on our big renovation...and get excited...I'll be posting information about the new wall color, the new chandelier, hopefully a new rug for the dining room and lots of other exciting things! Grab your hardhats...here we go!