Tuesday, October 21, 2014

27 Week Bumpdate!

27 Weeks!
How far along: 27 Weeks!

Baby Size: Our little girl is about the size of a cucumber or a rutabaga. She's about 14 inches long and weighs over 2 pounds now. This week her brain is really developing and she's starting to open her eyes. She can start to recognize my voice, and Adam's! 

Weight gain: I had an appointment last week and had gained a little less than 3 pounds, which puts me up to about 20 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Maternity clothes: Full time

Sleep: I'm sleeping well and can't seem to get enough of it! I need a few more hours in the day so that I can get to bed earlier at night!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!

Movement: She is moving like crazy and I love it!

Best moment this week: I passed my glucose test! AND we made some huge progress on the nursery over the weekend. Adam and I had a great weekend that included dinner with friends, some work together on the nursery and some good down time. Keep checking back for a nursery update!

Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to another great weekend. We're having dinner with some friends, doing more work on the nursery and some general clean up around the house. I'm loving this weather, so I'm hoping to get in the yard a little this weekend too!

Food cravings: No serious cravings. I'm still eating a lot of fruit and I've been craving coffee, specifically nonfat lattes this week...but I think that has more to do with the weather! It's finally starting to feel like fall!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing, but I am really having to watch what I eat, not so much the type of food but the amount. I'm finding that I'm getting full very quickly  and so I'm really watching my portions and trying to stick with lots of small meals, versus three large meals. 

What I miss: I am missing my old body, regular non-swollen feet, and red wine this week! Good news: I should get pretty much all of that back in just a few more months...though my old body might not be quite the same!

Symptoms: Still lots of swelling with my feet. But, I did have a really great week in terms of swelling. I was able to really keep it to a minimum. I'm not sure what the difference was, but it sure was nice!

Nursery: Stay tuned for a nursery update...we've been painting, moving furniture in and starting to get organized!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: My mood overall is pretty good! We've got a Child/Infant CPR Class this week that I think will really help us feel a little more prepared. I'm also feeling excited but nervous that we're starting to get so close! In ten weeks, she'll be full term! And I know we'll have more time to go, but that is pretty exciting/scary!!!

Workouts: I had a pretty good week of workouts. I walked about 14.25 miles this week and painted for about 4 hours (don't worry...it was low fume paint) and did about 2 hours of gardening. As much as I love the walking, I think I'm going to have to cut back just a little over the next several weeks. But, I'm trying to be optimistic!

Adam and I are starting to feel the heat! The nursery is really shaping up. Putting all of this together with Adam has been so much fun and he has really been a trooper! This week he told me that he had really enjoyed this whole process, watching my little stomach grow and preparing for our baby. It was a really sweet and special moment. I'm one lucky girl and our little one is so blessed to have such a sweet daddy. He's already starting to spoil her and each night when I get home, he has the lamps turned on in the nursery...I even caught him lounging in the rocker earlier this week. He's getting ready!
Dad is getting ready for his little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment