Tuesday, October 14, 2014

26 Week Bumpdate!


How far along: 26 weeks!

Baby Size: Our sweet girl is about the size of a hothouse cucumber or a head of lettuce (two very different vegetables!) She is somewhere between 9 and 14 inches long and weighs over two pounds.

Weight gain: Headed to the doctor later this week, but up a total of 17 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight at my last appointment.

Maternity clothes: Oh yes!

Sleep: I am still sleeping well and I feel so lucky! I know that this can be the time when insomnia can start to kick in and, knock on wood, so far it hasn't hit me. I've really been sleeping well and thoroughly enjoying my sleep!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!

Movement: I'm afraid we might have quite the little wild child on our hands! She is a mover! I love feeling this little one move and I can definitely tell when she is awake because she is constantly on the move! Over the past few weeks her movements have become more pronounced and it's been so much fun to share with Adam and my family!

Best moment this week: We had a great weekend in Jackson celebrating our friends Molly and Brian as they got married on Saturday. It was a fun filled weekend and we got to see lots of friends, not to mention the wedding was absolutely beautiful! 

Looking forward to: I'm really excited about a weekend at home with no plans. It seems like Adam and I have been going and going for weeks and weeks and we finally get to take a little breather. We're excited to be home this weekend to work on painting the nursery and getting a little closer to getting that room set up for our little one. 

Food cravings: I haven't had many crazy food cravings lately...fruit as usual, and I've had an occasional craving for a sausage biscuit, which is a little out of the ordinary!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing!

What I miss: I am starting to miss my regular clothes. I've tried to be really good about not buying tons and tons of maternity clothes and while I've been successful there, having such a limited wardrobe can make life difficult sometimes! But, we're almost there! 

Symptoms: Swelling feet...as usual. I'm pretty sure this symptom is one that is going to be around for the remainder of my pregnancy. For now, I'm just trying to continue to drink lots of water and be smart about getting my feet up when I can!

Nursery: We haven't made any more progress on the nursery, but we're hoping to get the painting finished this weekend. We're also hoping to get the changing table/dresser painted sometime this week. Once we can check these items off the list, we'll be a lot closer!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: This week has had its ups and downs for sure. This is our busy season at work and seems to be busy season at home as well. I've had a few little meltdowns, but in between I've been in a great mood. I feel good, and have been able to get back to walking my four mile loop without a lot of round ligament pain and that has certainly helped me feel more like myself!

Workouts: This week I walked 18.25 miles! Though I have been longing to run, these walks have been really helpful for my mood and my overall well being. I'm looking forward to the day when I can get out and go for a run though!

We are so excited at all that is to come...a little overwhelmed at what we have left to do, but excited. The overall theme I've recognized in our lives over the past few weeks is how loved we are, and how loved our sweet little one already is. We are so blessed to be surrounded by such supportive people. Everything is slowly coming together and we'll be ready for our little girl before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment