Tuesday, October 7, 2014

25 Week Bumpdate!

25 Weeks!
How far along: 25 weeks! Can't believe how time is flying by!

Baby Size: Our baby is the size of an eggplant this week. She is 9-13 inches long and weight about 1.7 pounds. This week her hands are fully developed (she even has fingerprints now!) and the structure of her spine is beginning to form! So many exciting things are happening!

Weight gain: As of my last appointment, I'm up a total of 17 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Maternity clothes: Pretty much in them all the time, with the exception of a few tops (like the one above...)

Sleep: I'm sleeping well and feel like I just can't get enough! I'm hoping that I'll continue to sleep well for a few more weeks at least!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!

Movement: Our sweet girl loves to move! This weekend she FINALLY let my mom feel a few really good kicks. It was such a special moment!

Best moment this week: It is a toss up! This week has been a great one. We had a wonderful (and productive) visit with my parents and our first baby shower! Adam and my dad stayed at the house and worked on painting the nursery while my mom and I went to the shower. It was so much fun! More to come on that later!

Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to a fun wedding weekend this weekend! A dear friend of mine is getting married and I can't wait for the festivities! I even managed to find a cute maternity cocktail dress for the big day (not an easy task...)

Food cravings: I've been craving fruit, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash. Lucky for me these are all healthy! I also had a little craving for Mexican food on Sunday night and so we went out for a spontaneous double date with our neighbors! Such a fun time...it definitely makes the list of best moments of this week! We laughed so much it hurt! 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing!

What I miss: Still missing my regular feet. AND for the first time in a while, missing a good glass of red wine. We went to dinner with my parents on Saturday night and Adam had a glass of Chianti that I had a tiny sip of...it was SOOOO GOOD. Now I know what I want to have with my Jimmy Johns Beach Club sandwich when this little one arrives!

Symptoms: Swelling feet, feeling full and uncomfortable after eating (even tiny snacks), round ligament pain and Braxton Hicks contractions, and having a few other fun issues...all normal, but it will be nice once some of these things go away!

Nursery: The nursery is partially painted! 3/4 of the room is primed with pale pink and the other 1/4 is waiting on primer. In about two weeks, we'll have a chance to finish priming and painting the nursery. The changing table/chest of drawers has a coat of paint on it as well and things are starting to come together! We'll be excited to get the painting finished so we can move the gifts from our dining room into the nursery! Currently our dining room table is serving as the Baby Gift/Thank you note hub. 

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: I'm in a great mood and getting more and more excited each day about meeting this little one. Adam seems to be getting more and more excited as well and it's so fun to watch, He is going to be such a wonderful dad...I get chills just thinking about it!

Workouts: My workouts were a little slim this week due to a busy week and some gross weather! I walked about 13.75 miles total. I've had to scale back my walking just a little bit because of some round ligament pain and Braxton Hicks contractions I've been experiencing while walking. But I'm drinking plenty of water when I do walk and cutting my distance a little and it seems to help!

This week things are really starting to feel real. We are so overwhelmed by the generosity of some of our dear friends and our baby girl is already so loved by everyone. We are so very lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful and sweet family and friends. We are so blessed to have this little angel on the way and cannot wait to welcome her in just a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment