Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Nursery Update

The last time we talked about the nursery, it was empty. Well, that is still the case, but we have made some progress!!! 

If you remember, this was the checklist we were using...and you'll see that quite a few items have been checked off!

  • Return dresser, coffer, and bedside table to McIntosh Cottage Antiques. We have a great arrangement with my parents and were able to turn in the first pieces we borrowed from them and will eventually pick out a few other pieces for the nursery.
  • Sell and move bed. Our old bed became someone's new bed!
  • Finish the inside of the new closet.
  • Caulk new bookshelf and closet
  • Mud new sheet rock on new closet.
  • Finish hanging trim.
  • Caulk all new trim.
  • Remove window cornices.
  • Replace old window trim.
  • Paint.
  • Build, cover, and hang new window cornices.
  • Put together the crib.
  • Purchase and install new furniture.

This weekend we are going to check off another item, painting! But, in the meantime, here is a look at some of the ideas we have for the nursery. 

We're planning to paint the walls in the nursery "Elephant Pink". This is a great Benjamin Moore color that is very toned down and sweet. We're excited about the pale pink walls and will be painting the trim bright white. 
Benjamin Moore - Elephant Pink
We've decided to paint the dresser/changing table a pretty pale green. We're using Benjamin Moore Guiliford Green, which is an "also known as" of Farrow and Ball's "Cooking Apple Green". I'm going to remove the hardware and give the brass a good polish and then put it back on. I think the bright brass will look great with the pale green. 
Dresser/Changing Table
Benjamin Moore - Guilford Green
We've ordered our bedding from babybedding.com. This is a great and fairly affordable website. I would actually recommend it for more than just baby bedding! You can order items or order the fabrics you like by the yard and make them yourself. We have decided to have them make our bumpers (which we will removed before we put our sweet babe in the crib) and ordered the fabric so that we can make the crib skirt. 

We also ordered two crib sheets. 
Sneak preview of the baby bedding with the
"Love Bird Damask" sheet.

Sneak preview of the baby bedding with the
"Love Bird" sheet.

Our bumpers and crib skirt are both white pique with blue linen trim (and ties for the bumpers) and a pale pink linen on the inside of the bumpers and the bottom of the crib skirt. We wanted the bedding to be kind of plain so we could spice things up with fun crib sheets!

I'm a little bit of a crib sheet fanatic...as in I've ordered two and I'm pining for two more...

Close-up of the Love Bird Damask sheet.
Close-up of the Love Bird Sheet

I think the little birds are so sweet! I've also got two Serena and Lily crib sheets on my wish list!
I love the Starburst pattern!
The zebras are my favorite!!
What are we going to put all this bedding on, you ask??? The Pottery Barn Kids Fillmore Crib. Adam and I ordered this crib MONTHS ago and got a great deal (it was on big time sale...). It is still in the box and currently resides under the guest bedroom bed. We're hoping we'll get a chance to put it together in the coming weeks. In the meantime, here is a picture of the crib that I borrowed from Pottery Barn Kids...
The Fillmore Crib
And last, the super splurge item that I just can't get out of my head is this BlaBla Kids mobile. This is just one of the mobiles that I've fallen in love with. We have not splurged on this because I'm hoping to find something similar for a much lower price...but I can't stop thinking about this sweet thing!
BlaBla Kids Mobile
We still have TONS to do to get the nursery done, and the Thanksgiving deadline I've given us is fast approaching. That said, we're really enjoying picking things out and seeing it all come together! Our nursery glider and ottoman came in last week and are currently residing in the guest bedroom. I'm hoping that after a weekend of painting, we'll be able to move the glider in and start enjoying it!

So excited about getting all of this ready for our sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment