Tuesday, September 2, 2014

20 Week Bumpdate!

20 Weeks!

How far along: 20 weeks! We're halfway there and I feel like time is flying! Fall is a busy time for us both at home and at work, and to be honest, I'm not looking forward to it! The time seems to pass so much more quickly when you are busy...and I really just want things to slow down!

Baby Size: Baby is the size of a small cantaloupe...I'm hoping that is a VERY small cantaloupe!

Weight gain: Up a total of 6 pounds, will check my weight again at my next appointment in mid-September!

Maternity clothes: Getting dressed is a major struggle right now. I still have only a very small collection of maternity clothes and my collection of regular clothes that still fit is really dwindling. On top of that...this week my shoes stopped fitting. I may have had a pretty major very small meltdown when this occurred. Luckily, I have been able to order some great shoes on sale that should come in this week. In the meantime, I'll be rocking some pretty casual sandals to work...

Stretch marks: None so far! Hoping to keep it that way! 

Sleep: I'm sleeping well, but could certainly use more of it! 

Gender: We find out Sept. 20th!

Movement: Our little babe is moving like crazy! Adam was able to feel a kick this weekend, granted it was a pretty big kick, but he still felt it! It was so exciting and I can't wait until he can feel our babe more often.

Best moment this week: We made some great progress on our projects this weekend (more to come on that later) and saw lots of friends. Adam and I had a great date on Friday night and it was the perfect way to kick off the weekend. 

Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to making more progress in our new bathroom and in the nursery this weekend. We've got a lot of little things to do and it feels great every time we check something off the list! We're also taking my in-laws to Buy Buy Baby tonight and then going to dinner. I'm excited to show them the things we  have registered for and give them a little glimpse into our plans for this little one!

Food cravings: I'm still craving fruit pretty consistently, but this week has been all about the sweets. It's a problem. I made brownies to take to our neighbors house for the UGA/Clemson game (Go Dawgs!) on Saturday night and Adam and I polished them off last night...I am glad they are gone because I was definitely eating two or three a day over the weekend (not good)! Hoping to get back on track with some healthy eating today! Nothing like a holiday weekend to throw you off!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing! :-)

What I miss: I miss my shoes...and my clothes...I know, very very frivolous of me, but I do. My self-esteem has taken a little bit of a dip lately because I'm just not feeling comfortable with my clothes. It's crazy...and feel free to say it, because I know I'm thinking it... #firstworldproblems, but in an effort to be totally honest, that's what I miss right now. I miss feeling like I look nice...instead I'm feeling kind of like a hot mess these days. 

Symptoms: A few headaches here and there and a little fatigue. But the fatigue is probably an issue I've created all on my own...I need to slow down...and in order to do that, I think I need to be a conscious effort to slow down - easier said than done.

Nursery: The nursery is empty!!!! More on that later...but it's empty. I spent three hours caulking the bookshelf, molding, and closet this weekend and I'm going back for more next week...and might try my hand at mudding the new sheet rock. 

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: Mood has been better...I've been in a little bit of a funk the past few days, but I think that's a combination of these crazy hormones and me feeling overwhelmed. I'm excited about 20 weeks, but it's also scary because the time is passing a little too quickly for comfort!

Workouts: Great workouts this week! I made it to one Body Pump class this week and walked a total of 24 miles this week! I'm really proud of all of that walking...but I'm also thinking there is no way I'm going to be able to match that this week!

Adam and I can't wait for our gender reveal in just a few weeks! We are ready to really feel like we can start planning for our sweet baby and knowing if we're having a boy or girl will make such a difference in how "bonded" we feel to this baby. We are both so tired of calling our baby "it" or "he/she" and so ready to know if we're going to be raising a daughter or a son. It's been kind of an emotional week (umm...because I'm halfway through my pregnancy and a hormonal wreck...) and I'm hoping this next week will bring a little relief from that! Maybe some new shoes, and lots of baby dance moves, will cheer me up!

2 comments: