Tuesday, September 9, 2014

21 Week Bumpdate!

21 Weeks!

How far along: 21 weeks today! I can't believe we're over halfway! It's a little scary to look on my "What to Expect" app now and see 21 Weeks and 19 to go!

Baby Size: Baby is about the size of a banana, about 7 inches long and 13 ounces. I'm not sure how we went from small cantaloupe to banana...but whatever! Baby has started swallowing amniotic fluid and can even taste...which means I need to make sure I'm eating lots of fruits and vegetables so our sweet babe will like them!

Weight gain: Up a total of 6 pounds, will check my weight again at my next appointment next week.

Maternity clothes: Pretty much full time now! I can still wear some of my tops and t-shirts, but I know my time in them is limited! The good news is that I finally rearranged my closet so that I'm no longer sifting through all of the clothes I can't wear! AND, I've found some decent maternity clothes and started a little shoe collection!

Stretch marks: None yet!

Sleep: Oh sleep...well it has not been so great lately. I've been tossing and turning a lot the past few nights and last night was just wide awake at about 12:30 and didn't fall asleep again until about 2:30 or 3:00. Yeah, it was a long night. 

Gender: We find out in 11 days!!! Can't wait! 

Movement: I am feeling lots of movement and Adam is able to feel more and more! Our little one is quite the little roly poly in there!

Best moment this week: Everything. It's been a great week. Adam made a lot of progress on the shower this week and hopes to finish it this week. We found a chair for the nursery and ordered it! AND we managed to chill out and enjoy a great thunderstorm on Sunday night...while enjoying a little time together and some baking...

Looking forward to: A relaxing weekend at the beach and some great walks with friends this week!

Food cravings: To say I've been on a pumpkin kick would be an understatement. Sunday I got hit with a little bout of nesting. I slept in Sunday to get some much needed rest and then went for a nice long walk. When I got back...the nesting hit. I was doing laundry, rearranging closets and drawers, and cleaning. I ordered the nursery chair and all of this before lunch. Once I prepared lunch and finished reorganizing my drawers so that my new maternity clothes and fall clothes were in the right place, I finally crashed for a while. And then, about two hours later, I was back...and baking. 

I baked these Gooey Pumpkin-Spice Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies and Mini No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecakes (do you see a theme here...) Each dessert turned out well, but the cookies were a little funky...I didn't have all-purpose flour so I substituted with what I had on hand which turned out to be cake flour and self-rising. Needless to say, these cookies turned out looking a little more like biscuits...but they were good!
Gooey Pumpkin-Spice Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
The Pumpkin Cheesecakes were another story...OMG...so good. They are pretty big so Adam and I split one last night and it was divine. The crust at the bottom is the perfect addition to the dessert. I can't wait to split another one tonight!
Mini No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecakes

Anything making you queasy or sick: Still no grilled chicken, please...but otherwise...nothing is bothering me!

What I miss: I miss sleep...I'm hoping this will come back to me...like tonight...pretty please?

Symptoms: Heartburn (standard), some swelling in my feet and ankles, and fatigue...but otherwise I'm feeling pretty great!

Nursery: We FINALLY made a decision on our nursery chair. We switched gears completely and found one we liked a lot at Baby Furniture Plus. We were able to order the chair and the ottoman for less than the cost of the Pottery Barn Kids chair that we originally fell in love with! I'm really excited about this and can't wait to put everything in the nursery. The chair should arrive in about four weeks! AND I'm hoping that Adam and my dad can tackle the crib assembly next week! Checking things off the list!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: Great! I'm feeling much more upbeat and positive since last week. These little baby kicks have a way of making you cheer up no matter what! 

Workouts: I had a great week of workouts this week...now it's no 24 miles of walking like last week (umm...that was insane) but I did get to Body Pump twice this week and walked a total of 19 miles. My workouts felt a lot better this week, no idea what the difference was, but it was nice!

This is such an exciting time and I can't believe we're over the halfway point. A dear friend of mind had her second little angel this weekend and it made me so excited to meet our baby! It's overwhelming and scary, but seeing her sweet little bundle just made me know that this is going to be wonderful! Can't wait! Saying lots of prayers for a happy, healthy, sweet baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment