Tuesday, September 16, 2014

22 Week Bumpdate!


How far along: 22 weeks! It is kind of freaking me out to see that we only have 18 weeks to go, according to my What to Expect app! So crazy! This time is flying by!

Baby Size: Our little one is the size of a spaghetti squash, about 8 inches long and weighing a pound or more!

Weight gain: Up a total of 6 pounds, will check my weight again at my next appointment in mid-September! I'm sure by now we're closer to a total of about 10 - 12 pounds!

Maternity clothes: I'm in them full time, aside for a few shirts and dresses that still fit just fine! I am still hoping to find a few maternity turtlenecks for fall to wear with some of my vests and jackets, but otherwise, I feel pretty good about my current wardrobe!

Sleep: I'm sleeping well, but I've been experiencing some sciatic nerve pain recently that has a tendency to wake me up at about 4 in the morning! Otherwise, I'm feeling great. I'm hoping that by actually doing my prenatal yoga I might be able to put some of my aches and pains to rest!

Gender: We find out on SATURDAY!!!! CAN - NOT - WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Movement: We have a very lively baby! This little one loves to move around and I am loving it. I can feel movements all throughout the day and I often feel a bunch when I get in bed at night and when I wake up in the morning. This little one also moves quite a bit after meals...maybe it means he/she likes what I'm feeding him/her!

Best moment this week: Adam felt our little babe move a bunch this morning, and though this week was packed with some great times, this was by far the best moment. Before today he had really only been able to feel a kick or two, but this morning this little babe put on quite the show for dad! Aside from this, we had a great weekend at the beach with Adam's parents...this was my view for most of the day Saturday...

Beach day
Looking forward to: This weekend! I am SO excited about this weekend! My family will be in town and we're going to cross a few things off the to-do list and then Saturday night we've got the big gender reveal. Adam and I are so excited to know if our sweet baby is a boy or girl! 

Food cravings: Fruit, as usual, and sweets. I've got to nip this sweets craving though...I've been craving everything from cinnamon Amish bread to ice cream to milk shakes...and it has got to stop before it becomes a problem!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing! :-)

What I miss: Though the actual thought of having a glass of wine is not really appealing (the wine itself is not appealing) I do miss being able to have a glass in the evenings...something about the gesture itself is relaxing. For now, I'll just have to relax with a glass of chocolate almond milk!

Symptoms: Some sciatic nerve pain and a few aches and pains...but hoping some prenatal yoga will help!

Nursery: No more progress on the nursery! But we made some more progress on the shower! When we returned from the beach on Sunday, Adam and I worked together to finish the last wall of the shower! Now, all we have left to tile are the shelves, the floor, and the ledge at the bottom! Almost there!
The master tiler at work!
Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: My mood is generally pretty good! I have had a few rough patches here and there, but we'll blame that on a little stress and some serious hormones!

Workouts: My workouts this week were a little slack...I took a few days off to rest, I was just plain tired last week! But I did manage to log 16.5 miles of walking and I did a little swimming and stretching at the beach! I've got big plans for this week though! I'm getting back to Body Pump and planning to do a little more walking and some prenatal yoga!

Words cannot describe how excited we are about Saturday and our gender reveal. Though this process does feel real, I think it's really going to be exciting and feel even more real after we find out the gender of this little nugget. There are so many things we are ready to start working on that all depend on whether this babe is a boy or a girl, that I'm sure once we know we will be so excited to start really gearing up for our son or daughter! Stay tuned for the big reveal!!!! Only a few days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment