Wednesday, September 24, 2014

23 Week Bumpdate!

23 Weeks!
How far along: 23 weeks and one day! 

Baby Size: Our baby is about the size of a papaya. SHE is about 8-11 inches long and weighs just over a pound. 

Weight gain: I'm up a total of 17 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. 

Maternity clothes: I'm in maternity clothes pretty much full time, with the exception of a few tops that still work with the growing bump!

Sleep: I'm sleeping well, but have been experiencing some sciatic nerve pain and some cramps in my calves in the middle of the night that wake me up...and in some cases, cause me to jump out of bed! Otherwise, I'm sleeping well, but could always use a few more hours!

Gender: GIRL!!!!!

Movement: Lots of movement and getting stronger every day! But, this sweet girl is shy! I tried all weekend to get my parents and sister to feel a little movement, and each time they reached out to feel baby girl just stopped. Hopefully next time they will be able to feel some of her little dances. She is already a daddy's girl though...she does flips and turns for her daddy all the time!

Best moment this week: Cutting into that cake to see that we were having a sweet baby girl!

Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to really getting started on the nursery. We've ordered the bedding and chosen a paint color for the room and a color for the dresser/changing table and I am ready to see it all come together! Stay tuned for a nursery post!

Food cravings: Fruit, as usual, and sweets on occasion. It seems most of my cravings lately come straight from things I hear other people mention...oh the power of suggestion!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing!

What I miss: I am missing my normal feet. 

Symptoms: As I mentioned before, I've been experiencing some pretty serious edema in my feet. My doctor has ensured me that everything is okay and they'll continue to keep an eye on things. I need to be better though about taking it easy when I can! Tonight's plan includes a nice walk after work followed by propping my feet WAY WAY up and lying on the sofa. Thank goodness for Adam, he is handling dinner!

Nursery: Paint has been chosen, trim is up, caulking is almost finished, bedding has been ordered, chair is on the way, chest has been delivered and paint chosen for it...it's all coming together! I've given us a deadline of Thanksgiving. I know that things are really going to pick up around the holidays and I want to make sure that we have as much done as possible in the nursery before that craziness starts!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Mood: Mood is great!! I do have some teeny little anxious moments here and there, but otherwise I am happy, excited, and thrilled to finally know what we're having!

Workouts: I had a pretty good week of workouts this week. I walked a total of 16 miles and did one hour of prenatal yoga.

We are so very excited about our sweet baby girl and cannot wait to have everything ready for her. Last night we took our first class at the hospital and learned all about postpartum care and caring for our sweet baby. We are so blessed and have so much to look forward to! We pray everyday for our happy, healthy, smart, beautiful baby. Sweet girl, you are so loved already!

No comments:

Post a Comment