Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekend Recap

Between this gross dreary weather and the fact that it's Monday, our whole family seems to be dragging a little this morning...or maybe it's that we're all homesick for the weekend!


After a great visit with G and Granddaddy, Channy and I wrapped up our week with a nice walk and lots of hugs and kisses for Daddy when he returned on Friday.


On Friday night and Saturday, I participated in a closet clean-out sale. Though the turnout wasn't great, I did walk away with a little extra money and a MUCH cleaner closet. Now, I've just got to deal with everything that didn't sell! What is your favorite way to clean out your closet? Goodwill? Consignment?

Saturday night this little nugget spent her first night away from us. She did really well, and slept like a champ (which you can tell by her sleepy eyes in this picture from when we got her home the next morning...)


While this little kitty was away, the mice did play! Adam and I hosted a dinner party for two of our friends who are moving soon. We had three couples over and it was so much fun! We stayed up late talking, laughing and maybe sipping a little wine! It was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy being with friends and not worry about waking the baby!

It had been a little while since I hosted a dinner party and it was so fun to put everything together! One of the other couples hosted with us so I was in charge of the lasagna, dessert and the appetizer. 

Here is a picture of our tablescape...love Blue Willow china, can you tell?


As usual my go to appetizer was a cheese board...shock and surprise!


And dessert was my sour cream cheesecake with raspberry sauce! I think I've finally got my recipe down, so stay tuned for an announcement in the next couple of weeks!

Sunday we picked up our little one and enjoyed some good family time! I went to church and sang in the choir and it was amazing. We were in our newly renovated sanctuary for the first time and not only was it beautiful, but the acoustics are wonderful. The service was beautiful.

We spent the rest of the day playing and napping and enjoying some much needed time together!

What did you do this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment